Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weeks of Sickness

Ok, I normally don't blog about negative things but I guess this is worth blogging about. I can look back years from now and laugh at it hopefully. It all started two weeks ago when Christian started feeling bad and had a fever. He said his throat felt scratchy. Keep in mind that I hardly ever take the kids to the doctor. I took him to the doctor and low and behold he had Strep throat. He got his antibiotics and was better the next day. One week to the day that Christian was at the doctor, I was taking Allen to the doctor for 102 fever. You guessed it, he had Strep. He got his antibiotics and was great in about 24 hours. Well on Monday, October 27th, after the Thursday that Allen was at the doctor, yep... my turn. I started feeling a little bad on Monday night. I woke up Tuesday morning feeling horrible, but it was Tuesday and that is the day the kids are at tutorial all day and I wasn't going to waste my FREE day at the doctor so I thought, I am sure I have Strep too so I will just take one of Allen's antibiotics and go to the doctor the next day. Then after I swallowed the antibiotic I called my mom and she said, "That wasn't smart Cindi, because you probably will not test positive for strep now and they might not treat you correctly." My wonderful friend Kim brought us dinner that night and I was so thankful for that. I was so surprised when she came by I almost didn't answer the door because I thought it was a neighborhood kid. Thank you so much, the food was delicious. Well I went to the doctor today. Actually, Allen practically had to carry me there, because I could hardly walk I was so sick. My weirdest symptom was that my eyes were and still are really bloodshot and glassy and my nose felt like somebody had stuffed crushed red pepper up in it. It burned really bad. My throat was a little irritated but it was the least of my worries. My head was pounding and I had a fever. I know if your not me or Allen and your reading this you are probably really bored. Anyway I went to the doctor and I tested positive for Strep and I have a severe sinus infection. I went home and slept all day. It seemed like every time I woke up I was feeling worse so I would go back to sleep. I got up around 4pm hungry and limped around the house looking for something to eat. Allen started warming up some Chicken Noodle Soup and the phone rang and it was my sweet friend Vicki. She wanted to bring me something from Panera to eat, she insisted, so I accepted and she showed up at my house we a huge shopping bag full of bread, sandwiches, soups, and a whole pie, brownie thing with 8 slices. I was totally blow away at how sweet and loving my friends are. The food she brought fed the whole family and we have leftovers.
Now tonight my joint pain has gotten a lot worse and I have a rash all over my body so I am guessing I have Scarlet Fever. I pray I will feel much better tomorrow. Poor Allen has been a trooper helping the kids with their school today and taking care of me. I truly am blessed, even though I feel awful, God has allowed me to see how blessed I am with a Mom and Dad who are calling and checking on me regularly, friends bringing me food, children who say "can I get you anything mom?' and a husband who can do anything and does do everything without complaining. Thank you Jesus for the people you have put in my life.

No comments: